Sunday 28 March 2010

Hard Drive Failure, im not going do a Portsmouth




The hard drive is dead, its going to take about a week to get a replacement, maybe two weeks if i want to pay £300 to try and recover my work (im a student, i can barely afford to eat), which i dont think is worth it. im trying to get the recovery for free because the hard drive is a Seagate Barracuda which is a faulty product it seems, see site bellow.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/16/barracuda_failure_plague/

I'm determined not to do a Portsmouth and give up. Its going to take many late nights, lots of coffee and rooster, its time to give my health one last beating, grab myself by the balls and lets kick the funk out of this project.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Dave,

    I'm so sorry to hear that things are so 'pile-o-shite'! Am loving the attitude though - and the really important thing is that you have such a clear idea of what you want to accomplish, that, with a bit of luck and some super-heroic feats of stamina on your part, you'll be able to get what you want that much more efficiently... I'm going to investigate this faulty product issue... watch this space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres a coputer shop/place at the bottom of my street that have dealt with all the problems ive had. On the last project my harddrive died and to replace it with a new SATA 250gb harddrive it cost £50 without them installing it, they would def be able to do everything you need for far far less than £300! They're called ''cybertech'' 01634308100 if you wanna give them a call and get a quote or something? They're only in strood only about 15 mins walk from the bridge... hope that helps a little?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I feel for you on this one. My question is, is it Laptop or Desktop? I'm almost certain it's a laptop issue. I'm pretty sure that fitting a new harddrive yourself won't be an issue. But I'd definately look into this faulty product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that Dave but love the attitude. Chin up and hopefully you'll be back on track in no time. I'm confident you can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :(
    Thats WANK!

    Its worried me that its a seagate product to...

    I've got a 320gig hard drive linked up 2 my pc storing all my files on and then a seagate portable 320gig 1 fortrecking my stuff between home and uni
    I'm gonna go home n load all the stuff onto my pc hard drive just encase I think...

    Good luck wiv kickin the funk out of it!
    'YOU CAN DO IT!'
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey dave,

    cybertech may be able to help you, definately. my mum and i live 30 seconds from them and have been some of the first customers. they are very good. and not badly priced either.

    i hope you manage to get it all back without too much hassle. good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete